Dr. Nanine VanDraanen
Interim Associate Dean, CAFES
B.S. Chemistry - Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo -1985
Ph.D. Organic Chemistry -University of California, Berkeley - 1992
Office: Ag. Sciences - Bldg. 11 - Room 211B
- Synthetic Organic and Medicinal Chemistry; Pedagogical Methods in Organic Chemistry
- Synthetic methodology directed at asymmetric pyrrolidine formation through cyclization of chiral ene-amines.
- Preparation of allicin analogues and their interaction with NO, and their roles in blood pressure regulation and migraine.
- Lipophilic acetates as transdermal cyclooxygenase inhibitors as anti-inflammatory agents for burn treatment.
- Development of novel labs for organic chemistry, with a focus on asymmetric and green syntheses.
- "Barrel of Oil" approach to Chem 312, Survey of Organic Chemistry.